Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Library Madness

Well let me start here, I returned a dvd to the library a few weeks ago. While looking at my account online the other day I noticed I was being fined for not returning it. My husband had gone in and returned it for me. They told him to just shove it through the slot in front of the desk, so he did. I couldn't call yesterday because the library was closed for MLK day but I did call today. First of all I told the person that answered the phone my problem and she put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then came back and told me she looked everywhere and there was no record of me returning it. I told her in a tone I don't think she appreciated (who cares), that it was returned and it was their fault they didn't log it back in and that I wasn't paying for it or paying one penny of the fine. She told me to hold on again, this time for about 12 minutes. When she came back she told me she had found it on a shelf behind the desk and someone had taken it out of its case. Like that's my problem. Why are people so incompetent? I know people make mistakes, we all do, but it seems the work ethic of many has gone down hill. We encounter this kind of thing all of the time. Sorry if I sound bitchy. Just venting.

No comments: